On October 19, 2017, the State Great Hural (Parliament) of Mongolia finished to appoint 15 Cabinet members of the Government of Mongolia that lasted two days.
To recall, the 29th Prime Minister J.Erdenebat and the 14 Cabinet of the Government of Mongolia /since 1992/ was dismissed during the irregular plenary session of the Parliament held on September 07, 2017.
On September 27, 2017, Chairman of the State Great Hural, Head of Mongolian People’s Party, M.Enkhbold handed a note to the President of Mongolia Kh.Battulga to introduce U.Khurelsukh, candidate for the next Prime Minister, who was elected by majority ballots during the MPP conference.
On the same day, Head of Secretariat Office of the President Z.Enkhbold conferred President’s note agreeing to appoint Mr. Ukhnaa KHURELSUKH as the Prime Minister of Mongolia and urgently to proceed within the Parliament.
On the first meeting of Fall plenary session of the Parliament /October 04, 2017/, President Kh.Battulga delivered a speech acknowledging that Parliament of Mongolia proposed the nominate for Premier and according to the Constitution of Mongolia, he admitted the proposal and therefore asked to undertake the issue within the Parliament.
Consequently, 47 members of parliament out of 76 unanimously agreed to appoint the candidate as the 30th Prime Minister of Mongolia. In his address, Prime Minister U.Khurelsukh underlined not to demand from him or his Cabinet to do unlawful things or to do something illegal and said would be a subject only to the law.
On October 17, 2017, Prime Minister of Mongolia U.Khurelsukh handed a bill to the Chairman of the State Great Hural (Parliament) M.Enkhbold to admit members of Government (Cabinet) promoted as new Ministers of Mongolia.
According to the law on Government of Mongolia 23.1.1, 15 candidates, who had been negotiated with the President of Mongolia, were introduced to the Parliament for ratification and discussed within the relevant Standing Committees of the Parliament on October 17, 2017.
On October 18, 2017, the State Great Hural of Mongolia ratified eight Cabinet members as follows:
1. Mr. Ulziisakhan ENKHTUVSHIN – Cabinet member, Deputy Prime Minister of Mongolia
2. Mr. Gombojav ZANDANSHATAR – Cabinet member, Minister of Mongolia, Chairman of Cabinet Secretariat of the Government of Mongolia
3. Mr. Namsrai TSERENBAT - Cabinet member, Minister of Environment and Tourism
4. Mr. Nyamaa ENKHBOLD - Cabinet member, Minister of Defense
5. Mr. Damdin TSOGTBAATAR - Cabinet member, Minister of Foreign Affairs
6. Mr. Chimed KHURELBAATAR - Cabinet member, Minister of Finance
7. Mr. Sodnom CHINZORIG - Cabinet member, Minister of Labor and Social Protection
8. Mr. Tsend NYAMDORJ - Cabinet member, Minister of Justice and Internal Affairs
On October 19, 2017, the State Great Hural of Mongolia ratified the rest seven Cabinet members as follows:
1. Mr. Khavdislam BADYELKHAN - Cabinet member, Minister of Construction and Urban Development
2. Ms. Tsedenbal TSOGZOLMAA - Cabinet member, Minister of Education, Culture, Sciences and Sports
3. Mr. Jadamba BAT-ERDENE - Cabinet member, Minister of Road and Transport Development
4. Mr. Dolgorsuren SUMIYABAZAR - Cabinet member, Minister of Mining and Heavy Industry
5. Mr. Batjargal BATZORIG - Cabinet member, Minister of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry
6. Mr. Tserenpil DAVAASUREN - Cabinet member, Minister of Energy
7. Ms. Davaajantsan SARANGEREL - Cabinet member, Minister of Health
Press and Public Relations Department of the State Great Hural of Mongolia