The 26th Annual Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Parliamentary Forum (APPF) with participation of over 350 delegates has been convened in Hanoi, Viet Nam from January 18 to 21, 2018.
The proposed over-arching theme of “Parliamentary partnership for Peace, Innovation and Sustainable Development” reflects the development trend of international relations, parliamentary diplomacy and guides our discussions leading to a joint declaration that emphasizes the commitments of all members to promote economic, cultural and regional cooperation for peace, security, prosperity, inclusive and sustainable development.
As of a member-state, Mongolia actively participates in the Annual event and in this year’s Meeting parliamentarians from Mongolia is headed by Chairman of the State Great Hural (Parliament) Mr. Miyegombo ENKHBOLD.
On the first day of the Meeting, MP B.Undarmaa attended the Meeting of Women Parliamentarians, and the Chairman M.Enkhbold delivered speech in the Executive Committee Meeting.
Meeting will be discussing the following subjects:
I. APPF Women Parliamentarians Meeting
Promoting gender equality for sustainable development and shared prosperity
II. Session 1. Political and Security matters
1. Promoting parliamentary diplomacy for peace, security and prosperity in the region and the world
2. Combating international terrorism and trans-border crime
III. Session 2. Economic and Trade matters
1. 2017 Report of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
2. The role of Parliaments to promoting Seamless Regional Economic Integration
3. Food security and agricultural sustainable development
4. Supporting the MSMEs in the digital age
IV. Session 3. Regional Development Cooperation
1. Enhancing joint action responding to Climate Change
2. Resources for sustainable development
3. Fostering regional cultural and tourism cooperation
V. Session 4. APPF work
1. The role of APPF in promoting partnership for sustainable development and inclusive growth in the Asia-Pacific
2. Amendment to the New APPF Rules of Procedure as to the Meeting of Women Parliamentarians
3. Host of the 27th APPF
4. Adoption of Resolutions and Joint Declaration
Press and Public Relations Department of the State Great Hural of Mongolia